|James Beard Awards Ticket Giveaway|
JBF AWARDS TICKET GIVEAWAY
Chicago Gourmet fans can enter a chance to win two tickets to the James Beard Awards taking place on Monday, May 4 at the Lyric Opera House in Chicago. Purchase a ticket to Chicago Gourmet by Thursday, April 30 at Midnight CST and be entered into a drawing to attend the JBF Awards being held in Chicago for the first time in its history. All ticket purchasers of the 2015 Chicago Gourmet event are eligible (from the 2014 holiday sale through April 30) for the Sweepstakes. Each ticket purchaser is eligible for one entry into the Sweepstakes.
The Prize: One (1) Prize: Winner to receive two (2) Tickets to the Monday, May 4, 2015 James Beard Awards being conducted at the Lyric Opera of Chicago, 20 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL. These tickets are non-transferable. Approximate retail value of this prize package $1,000.
WINNER MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE JAMES BEARD AWARDS ON MAY 4, 2015. PRIZE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE OR REDEEMABLE FOR CASH.
Sweepstakes Dates: 11/27/14 12:00AM CST- 4/30/15 MIDNIGHT CST
Eligibility: You must be at least 21 years of age or older to enter.
Start Date: November 27, 2014 12:00am CST End Date: April 30, 2015 Midnight CST
Web Site Entry Deadline: April 30, 2015 Midnight CST
Drawing Date: May 1, 2015
1. Introduction: During the period beginning at 12:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT"), November 27, 2014 and ending at 5:00 p.m. CT, April 30, 2015 (the "Promotion Period") Chicago Gourmet, LLC (“Chicago Gourmet”) will offer a James Beard Award Ticket Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to ticket purchasers of the 2015 Chicago Gourmet event and legal residents of Illinois and Indiana who live within (50) miles of the Lyric Opera of Chicago, 20 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, only who are at least twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of the Illinois Restaurant Association, Choose Chicago and the James Beard Awards and their respective affiliates, agents, and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or any of its materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such ineligible person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
3. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Illinois Restaurant Association, 33 W. Monroe, Suite 250, Chicago, IL 60603.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter : a. Automatic Entry: All ticket purchasers for the 2015 Chicago Gourmet event will automatically receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. b. Free Method of Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, CLICK HERE and complete all required fields on the form. For each submission, you will receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: 1 entry per person. All web site entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
6. Drawings: On or about the drawing date, May 1, 2015, the potential winner(s) for the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes on Friday, May 1. Each potential winner will be notified by email, and/or phone by the Illinois Restaurant Association. The odds of winning a particular prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
7. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. When applicable, potential winner will be required to sign and return, by Friday, May 1 at 5pm CST (unless otherwise indicated), a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (the "Declaration") (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond, or fails to sign and return the Declaration (if applicable) within the required time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates, if time permits. If all potential alternate winners are disqualified for a prize, no further drawings will take place and that prize will not be awarded.
8. Individual Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes, starting, ending and drawing dates/times, the prize descriptions, age requirements, and other requirements may be accessed on the Sweepstakes page on the Chicago Gourmet website. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's consent for the Sponsor, applicable prize providers and their respective designees to use entrant's first and last name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, and any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to any prize or entrant's Sweepstakes experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration. You may opt out of such promotions and communications by checking the box below.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problems, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) modify the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules without suspending it; (b) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this promotion.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that the prize(s)/product(s) are provided "as is" and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed, including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, quality and fitness for a particular purpose. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Illinois Restaurant Association and their respective affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, providers and their respective agents and agencies, officers, directors, and employees (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail or email; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes has been discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes for the Sweepstakes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in the Sweepstakes to be claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
13. “JBF Awards Ticket Giveaway” Sweepstakes Results: For a list of confirmed winners, send an email with your name and the Subject Line: "JBF Awards Ticket Giveaway” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by May 15, 2015.