‘EPIC NIGHT IN’ SWEEPSTAKES PRESENTED BY AMERICAN EXPRESS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Introduction: During the period beginning at 12:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT"), September 21 , 2016 and ending at 11:59 p.m. CT, October 1, 2016 (the "Promotion Period") Chicago Gourmet, LLC (“Chicago Gourmet” or “Sponsor”) will offer the ‘Epic Night In’ Sweepstakes presented by American Express (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of United States (including Puerto Rico and other US Territories and Possessions), only who are at least twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of the Illinois Restaurant Association, Chicago Gourmet, American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. (“Promotional Partner”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or any of its materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible. Individuals who are employed by any local, state or federal government office or agency, elected officials and individuals listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Prize award is also subject to the requirements of Paragraph 7.
3. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Chicago Gourmet, 33 W. Monroe, Suite 250, Chicago, IL 60603; American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10285, is a promotional partner (“Promotional Partner”) and is not the sponsor or administrator of this Sweepstakes.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two ways to enter.
a. Online Method of Entry: Click here, complete all required fields on the entry form to be entered. b. Chicago Gourmet Tent Visit Method of Entry: Visit the American Express tent at Chicago Gourmet scheduled to take place from September 24-25, 2016 and follow the directions to complete and submit the entry form using one of the available tablets. Limit: 1 entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Entries in excess of stated limitation and entries generated by script, macro and other automated means will be void. A purchase will not improve a person’s chance of winning.
6. Drawing: On or about October 2, 2016, the potential winner for the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
7. Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winner must continue to comply with the Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email, and/or phone by Sponsor. Potential winner will be required to sign and return, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (the "Declaration") (except where prohibited) by the date identified in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond, or fails to sign and return the Declaration (if applicable) within the required time period, or potential winner is otherwise ineligible as stated in Paragraph 2 or a potential winner is employed by any local, state or federal government office or agency, is an elected official or listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates, if time permits. If all potential alternate winners are disqualified for a prize, no further drawings will take place and that prize will not be awarded.
8. One (1) Prize: Winner will receive a Dinner Party for up to 8 people to take place in winner’s private residence and will feature a four-course meal prepared by host Sarah Grueneberg (“Host”). This prize is non-transferable and dates to be agreed upon by winner and Host but held no later than December 23, 2016. The prize consists of all food, ingredients, and chef for the dinner. WINNER MUST LIVE WITHIN THE CHICAGO METROPOLITAN AREA OR DINNER MUST TAKE PLACE AT A MUTUALLY AGREED UPON LOCATION WITHIN THE CHICAGO METROPOLITAN AREA. TRAVEL AND ANY OTHER EXPENSES RELATED TO PRIZE ACCEPTANCE ARE NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF PRIZE. Note: If winner’s home is in a location unacceptable to Sponsor and/or Host, or if Sponsor and/or Host determine that the winner does not have adequate facilities or equipment for such dinner, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate location to host dinner. Approximate retail value of this prize package $1,500. Exact details of dinner will be mutually agreed upon between winner and Sarah Grueneberg. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by winner is permitted. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Host is subject to change, in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's consent for the Sponsor and Promotional Partner, applicable prize providers and their respective designees, to use entrant's first and last name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, and any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to any prize or entrant's Sweepstakes experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter revised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further consideration or notification to, or permission from, entrant.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problems, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) modify the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules without suspending it; (b) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a random drawing from among all nonsuspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and void all associated entries.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Chicago Gourmet, Illinois Restaurant Association, American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, promotional partners, prize partners and providers and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing, typographical or other errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (e) late, lost, garbled, stolen, misdirected, delayed or undeliverable entries, mail or email; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity-related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes has been discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than one prize for the Sweepstakes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than one (1) prize as set forth in the Sweepstakes to be claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
13. Personal Information: Personal information provided in connection with this Sweepstakes will only be used to administer the Sweepstakes.
14. “Epic Night In” Sweepstakes Results: For the confirmed winner, send an email with your name and the Subject Line: "Epic Night In” to email@example.com. Requests must be received by October 26, 2016.